Matthew has considerable experience in a broad range of banking and finance matters, including trade finance, real estate finance, insurance related finance, project finance, debt restructuring and general corporate lending. He is proficient at drafting and negotiating all forms of loan facility, security, intercreditor (and other) documentation.
He has extensive knowledge of banking law, company law, partnership law and insolvency law. In addition, Matthew has designed and delivered training courses to clients and to 3rd party law firms on banking and finance transactions. Prior to joining Clyde & Co, Matthew was a solicitor in Clifford Chance's banking department.
He has worked on transactions for periods in Bahrain, Warsaw, Helsinki, Tokyo, Singapore and Hong Kong.
- Negotiating a £12.5m receivables discounting facility and a £7m equipment leasing facility for an engineering firm
- Negotiating $55m letter of credit facilities for the provision of funds at Lloyd's by a syndicate
- Advising on the impact of the consumer credit regime on proposed lending structures
- Advising on a subordinated loan to an insurance entity (for regulatory capital purposes)
- Negotiating security for reinsurance contracts relating to pension schemes of an international company in the food and drink sector
- Drafting an intercompany services agreements (in the light of transfer pricing guidelines) for an international information technology firm
- Negotiating a £20m asset based lending facility for a commodity trading firm
- Negotiating a US$50m trade receivables financing facility for a commodity trading firm
- Drafting and negotiating a US$7m secured convertible loan note issue by an engineering firm
- Advising on the creation of effective security over cash and securities collateral accounts for an insurance entity
- Advising on the novation and transfer of reinsurance and collateral contracts between reinsurers
- Advising on risk participation agreements entered into between banks and relating to trade finance facilities
- Advising on secondary trading of distressed debt
- Writing and delivering training to a client on real estate finance documentation