Roy Xiao advises insurance industry clients in connection with coverage disputes and litigation. He counsels clients on first-party property and third-party liability claims, and handles matters involving high potential exposure and allegations of bad faith.
Roy's experience includes assisting national coordinating counsel for several insurers with responding to claims arising out of the US opioid litigation. He also advises on developing responses to Covid-19-related business interruption claims.
- US District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
- J.D., with honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2016. Contributing Editor and Staff Member, North Carolina Law Review, vol. 94, 2014-2016.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2013
- Georgia State Bar Association
- Obtained judgment on the pleadings in favour of insurer in matter involving potential coverage for alleged false advertising of pharmaceutical product.
- Co-chaired insurance defense trial resulting in verdict of less than five percent of plaintiff's demand at voir dire.