Marcus advises and acts for insurers on coverage issues and disputes for a range of policy classes, including D&O, PI, investment management, commercial general liability and credit / political risk. Marcus also reviews and drafts policy wording for various classes of liability policies.
Marcus acts as monitoring counsel / instructing solicitor for cases involving the defence of insureds against claims by third parties, as well as, for subrogated recovery claims. Before joining the non-marine insurance practice in the Singapore office, Marcus had more than 15 years’ experience as a litigator involved in complex commercial claims in the courts and in arbitration proceedings.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues under a D&O policy following civil proceedings commenced against insureds in multiple jurisdictions
- Advising insurers on coverage issues under an investment management liability policy involving notification of a number of civil and criminal proceedings against the insured in Thailand
- Advising insurers on coverage under a credit risk policy for a clawback under Spanish insolvency legislation
- Negotiating on behalf of insurers a successful settlement of a coverage dispute under a D&O policy involving a question of dishonesty on the part of the insured
- Advising insurers on coverage under a port terminal operator’s liability policy concerning the breakdown of oil storage facilities
- Advising insurers on coverage under a D&O and PI policy in respect of a regulatory fine imposed on the insured
- Advising insurers on the operation of a pollution exclusion clause under a public and product liability policy
- Acting as monitoring counsel for an insurer in legal proceedings involving claims against insureds for breaches of contractual, tortious and fiduciary duties
- Acting for insurers in a subrogated claim under an international sale of goods contract