Renee Ziolkowski focuses her practice in the areas of insurance and litigation. She has over 15 years of experience defending insured and self-insured clients in toxic tort matters, including product liability and premises liability matters. In that capacity, she has developed case strategy, defended clients at key fact witness and expert depositions, and has participated in the defense of matters as trial counsel.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co., Renee focused her practice on product liability, premises liability, transportation, and construction litigation. In that capacity, she has argued substantive motions and participated in jury trials in Illinois and Missouri.
- US District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- J.D., cum laude, The John Marshall Law School, 2007. Member, The John Marshall Law Review.
- B.A., magna cum laude, Marquette University, 2003
- § Illinois Association of Defense Counsel
- Advocate’s Society
- Served as co-trial counsel for a vehicle manufacturer in a products liability matter involving a 45-year-old mechanic with mesothelioma wherein a Cook County, Illinois, jury returned a defense verdict after plaintiff requested an award of USD 45 million.
- Served as a trial team member for a vehicle manufacturer in products liability matters filed throughout Illinois and Missouri, successfully bringing matters to resolution during motions in limine hearings.
- Served as co-trial counsel for a recycling company in a premises liability matter wherein plaintiff sustained serious injuries following a significant fall from a catwalk.
- Served a co-trial counsel in a case in involving a motor vehicle accident wherein the plaintiff truck driver alleged serious injuries including the need for a future lumbar fusion; requested an award of almost USD 3 million but was only awarded USD 6 thousand.