Please join us for a Directors' Duties seminar in our Manchester office where leading SHE legal professionals will:
- Look at the potential liabilities of directors and senior managers with a SHE remit
- Provide practical tips on what arrangements directors and senior managers should have in place to comply with their SHE legal duties
- Explore the criminal investigative powers of SHE regulators in the event of an incident
- Outline a suggested framework for managing responses to criminal investigations that protects Directors and senior managers personally as well as their business
- Provide a timely update of sentencing practices and penalties which may be faced if offences are committed
This event will be of interest to senior individuals working in highly regulated industries such as environmental services, health and safety, construction, waste & recycling, food and manufacturing, as well as senior claims and risk management individuals within insurance companies and brokers.
15:00 – 15:30 Registration
15:30 – 15:35 Welcome and introduction / Rod Hunt, Clyde & Co
15:35 – 16:00 The Buck Stops Here: Directors' Liability in Criminal Law, and How to Protect Yourself / Alistair Webster QC, Lincoln House Chambers
16:00 – 16:25 Directors' Duties unpacked: a review of guidance to assist Directors in complying with legal duties / Andrew Thomas QC, Lincoln House Chambers
16:25 – 16:45 Coffee break
16:45 – 17:10 When an Inspector Calls / Samantha Riggs, Lincoln House Chambers
17:10 – 17:35 Criminal investigations - how to deploy the protective cloak of privilege / Rod Hunt, Clyde & Co
17:35 – 18:00 A look at current sentencing practices involving prosecutions of Directors and senior managers / Dr Anna Willetts, Clyde & Co
18:00 – 18:30 Reception drinks & networking
*Please read – Coronavirus update*
In light of the Coronavirus outbreak and in line with our firm-wide response to it, we respectfully ask that you do not attend this event if you have been to mainland China in the 14 days prior to the date of the event. We also ask that anyone who has recently travelled abroad follows the most up to date guidance of the health authorities of the country where the event is being held. For your reassurance, all Clyde & Co people and external speakers present have been asked to follow this same policy.
If your situation has changed since accepting this invitation, please let Magdalena Tulik [firstname.lastname@example.org] know.