Rayan is a Saudi qualified lawyer, a member of Saudi Bar Association, based in Riyadh Office. He has over 9 years’ experience specialising in insurance and regulatory work. Rayan combines his experience with legal knowledge and skills to provide the best outcome for clients.
His insurance experience includes advising and defending insurers and reinsurers on a wide range of complex policy issues and litigated coverage disputes, including property and business interruption losses; financial lines; trade credit; D&O liability and energy.
Rayan has a Bachelor of Law degree from Kind Saud University and is certified by SAMA in Corporate Governance and Anti-Money Laundering and certificate by CMA for the stock market announcements (IFSAH). He is also certified By Cranfield University in leadership.
- Advising H.E the minister in respect of insurance matters and potential plans.
- Contributed to drafting / reviewing the setup of a large authority related to the insurance industry in KSA.
- Advising and acting for a local insurance company in a defence against a large fire claim brought by the insured before the IDC in an amount exceeding SAR 84 million.
- Advising and acting for a local insurer in a Covid-19 BI claim in the amount of SAR 278 million brought by the insured following the pandemic closure.
- Advising on regulatory matters related to SAMA/CMA/CHI regulations.
- Representing MISA for some projects such as Competencies and Governance of government Authorities, Establishing governmental Authorities.
- Advising local insurer in one of the largest property and business interruption claims in KSA following fire incident occurred in a shopping mall.
- Contributed to drafting / reviewing several Laws and Regulations such as corporate law, implementation law, Zakat law, Rules of the Zakat, Tax and Customs Committees.
- Representing MISA before the Bureau of Experts in a high-level committees.
- Representing MISA in the sub-committees under the ministerial committees to review legal matters.
- Advising H.E to nominate BOD/Committees members with a detailed background search.
- Nominating MISA members to attend meetings before the Bureau of Experts.
- Supervising digitalization project for H.E office.
- Supervising digitalization project for Committees and Boards general department.
- Drafting / reviewing governance policies for internal committees.
- Advising BOD/Shareholders on SAMA/CMA/CHI regulations and requirements.
- Managing General assemblies and Stock Market (Tadawul) announcements.