She is an English law qualified lawyer and has worked in both Clyde & Co's London and Dubai offices. She is currently based in Dubai and represents clients in all areas of corporate and commercial dispute resolution. She has particular expertise in:
- automotive and manufacturing sectors;
- hotel management and hospitality disputes;
- shareholder and JV disputes;
- corporate and banking fraud;
- commercial agency, distributor and franchise disputes (acting for both international companies and local representatives);
- High value, complex property development and leasing disputes;
- energy claims; and
- commercial arbitration claims and court proceedings both in the UAE and other foreign jurisdictions
Susie is regularly appointed as an arbitrator by the Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) and DIFC-LCIA in commercial and property development disputes and she has extensive experience in complex, high value local and international arbitrations, most recently at the DIAC, DIFC-LCIA, ADGM and ICC. Susie also regularly represents clients in court proceedings across the Middle East, Pakistan and India.
In 2020, Susie was ranked as one of only seven leading individuals by Legal 500 for Litigation and Arbitration in the UAE and clients cited that she is: ''extremely approachable and pragmatic – a pleasure to deal with. She has an expert knowledge of the law, but is able to deliver advice in a down-to-earth manner.''
In 2021, Susie was ranked amongst the MENA Super 50 Lawyers as published by Thomson Reuters in Asian Legal Business.
Also in 2021, Susie has been identified by Chambers MEA as 'Up and Coming' and her peers described her as: ''a strong lawyer" and “hard-working practitioner,” remarking on her "depth of knowledge".
- Advising and acting for multinational blue chip companies: in commercial agency, distribution and franchise disputes in the UAE and other GCC countries.
- Assisting clients with criminal complaints arising out of shareholder disputes, employment disputes, insolvency and breach of contract claims.
- Acting for one of the largest UAE property and construction groups: in a AED multibillion DIAC arbitration.
- Acting for a number of investors and developers: in AED multimillion property arbitrations at the DIAC.
- Advising property developers on strategies to deal with claims by purchasers relating to the completion of residential developments throughout the UAE.
- Acting for the world's largest oil and gas services contractor: in a USD 100 million energy arbitration at the DIAC.
- Acting for the Yemeni Ministry of Oil & Gas: in a USD multibillion energy arbitration at the ICC.
- Acting for insurers: in a USD multi million Dubai Court claim relating to loss and damage caused by a dredger to eight subsea oil and gas pipelines.
- Acting for a Seismic surveying company: in a USD multimillion energy arbitration at the LCIA.
- Acting for an oil and gas pipeline manufacturing company: in a USD multimillion DIFC Court claim relating to trade finance and banking fraud against an international bank.
- Advising one of the UAE's largest family conglomerates: in a USD 80 million telecoms claim in India.
- Acting for a large Saudi investment company: in a USD multimillion shareholders dispute covering arbitrations in 3 jurisdictions (applying UNCITRAL and LCIA Rules).
- Acting for a UK Pharmaceuticals company: in a USD multimillion arbitration at the ZCC relating to grey market trading.