Iain is an associate in the global Projects & Construction group with experience advising on both contentious and non-contentious matters. His focus is on international and domestic disputes, and he has experience litigating in the Technology and Construction Court and the Commercial Court and has conducted international arbitrations under the UNCITRAL, LCIA and ICC Rules.
Iain has spent a year working in Clyde & Co's Spanish and Tanzanian offices advising on a breadth of contentious and non-contentious matters and has spent a further six months working in house in a major international contractor working primarily on domestic disputes.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern contractor in a dispute (LCIA arbitration) against an international oil and gas company over the redevelopment of an oil field in Iraq.
- Acting for an international contractor in a dispute (LCIA arbitration) with a Russian developer regarding the design, procurement and construction of a major residential development in Russia.
- Acting for a multinational EPC contractor in LCIA arbitration proceedings against a Middle Eastern state entity concerning the design, engineering, and construction of an onshore gas facility.
- Acting for a multinational company in a dispute (Technology and Construction Court, High Court) against a contractor regarding a state-of-the-art plant in England.
- Acting for a major UK building contractor in a dispute (Technology and Construction Court) defending a claim brought against it in relation to defective pipework at a commercial premises, including conducting ADR meetings between multiple parties.
- Advising on a settlement in relation to the wholesale replacement of a building envelope at a university in the England.
- Acting for an international renewable energy company headquartered in France in an arbitration under ICC rules with a seat in London arising out a dispute over the delivery of solar panels under an EPC Contract.
- Conducting various adjudications on behalf of various international and domestic developers and contractors.
- Advising on fire safety and/or cladding issues projects, including litigation in the Technology and Construction Court.