Michelle is an Associate in the Aviation team in the Hong Kong office. Her practice covers a wide range of aviation related matters, with a particular focus on the sale and purchase, financing and leasing (both operating lease and finance lease) of commercial aircraft and corporate / private jets.
Michelle is experienced in assisting banks, airlines, leasing companies, corporates and UHNWIs in a diverse range of transactions involving both commercial aircraft and corporate jets.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co in 2022, Michelle qualified in Hong Kong in 2019 and worked in the aviation finance team of another international law firm in Hong Kong. She is fluent (written and spoken) in English, Cantonese and Mandarin.
- Acted for a Chinese state-owned leasing company on the sale and leaseback transaction for two new Boeing commercial aircraft and several Airbus commercial aircraft.
- Represented a Chinese state-owned leasing company on the sale and purchase of two Boeing B737-800 commercial aircraft.
- Acted for a PRC financial leasing company on the sale and purchase of two Boeing 777-300 ER commercial aircraft.
- Represented various PRC financial leasing companies on novation transactions of a fleet of Bombardier corporate jets.
- Advised a PRC financial leasing company on the sale and leaseback of two Bombardier G6000 corporate jets and one Gulfstream corporate jet.
- Advised a Chinese state-owned leasing company on the finance lease in respect of one Gulfstream G450 corporate jet and one Dassault Aviation Falcon 7X corporate jet.
- Represented a Chinese airline on the Japanese operating lease with call option (JOLCO) financing for three Airbus A320neo aircraft.
- Acted for a Singapore financial leasing company on the operating lease transaction in respect of two Airbus A321-211 aircraft operated by a Vietnamese airline.
- Advised a PRC financial leasing company on the extension of lease relating to the right to purchase certain Bombardier Global 7500 corporate jets from an OEM.