Emily is a Senior Associate in the Global Projects & Construction Group. She acts for a range of clients including employers, developers, contractors, consultants and project consortia. She advises on all aspects of project and construction disputes, both domestically and internationally, including court, arbitration and adjudication proceedings and mediations, with experience in the construction sector and on PPP/PFI projects across the social, healthcare and education sectors.
- Advising a number of major UK contractors and housebuilders on fire safety defects across portfolios of residential and mixed-use developments.
- Acting for a UK contractor in adjudication and litigation proceedings relating to construction defects on a PFI care home project.
- Acting for a UK contractor in adjudication proceedings relating to delay claims.
- Advising Project Co on multi-party service failure and defect disputes and the partial termination of a PFI hospital project, as well as providing ongoing operational advice.
- Acting for Project Co on service failures, unavailability and defect disputes on a PFI hospital project, as well as providing ongoing operational advice.
- Advising a major contractor in an adjudication relating to the construction of a nuclear power station in the UK.
- Acting for a UK housebuilder in a final account adjudication with a subcontractor in relation to a 200-plot development in Essex.
- Acting for a UK contractor in an adjudication relating to construction defects on a PFI care home project.
- Acting for a JV on an ADCCAC arbitration in relation to a flagship mixed-used development in Kazakhstan.
- Acting for a major contractor in a CiArb arbitration relating to the construction of a particle accelerator in the UK.
- Acting for a UK contractor in a dispute with an employer in the Technology and Construction Court relating to a residential development in London.
- Acting for a large multi-national in a dispute with a contractor in the Technology and Construction Court relating to a large plant in the UK.