Sherif advises both local and international clients on commercial contentious matters before the UAE Courts and other courts in the MENA region. Sherif has represented companies in several international arbitrations under the rules of the ICC, LCIA and the DIAC, with a particular focus on arbitrations involving parties from or with interests in the Middle East.
Sherif practice primarily focuses on resolving Middle East disputes arising out of commercial agreements (e.g. sale of goods and services agreements, lease agreements, joint venture and partnership agreements and management contracts). Sherif is fluent in English, Arabic and French.
- European multinational conglomerate corporation: representing before the Dubai Courts in a debt recovery claim arising out of the sale of steel to a Middle Eastern Company
- Multinational Petrochemical Company: defending in Sharajah Courts proceedings arising out of the termination of a service agreement
- Middle Eastern Family Business: representing before the Qatari Courts in relation to several disputes with multinational companies arising out of agency agreements
- A Multi-national Hotel Manager: representing in Dubai Courts proceedings in relation to a commercial dispute out of global sales agency agreements
- UAE Insurance Company: representing before Ras Al Khaimah Courts in relation to a dispute with an insured in relation to the payment of the insurance premium
- Abu Dhabi government-owned company: representing before the Abu Dhabi Court of Appeal in a case brought by an oil field services contractor.
- Kuwaiti multi-billion business owner: advising in a dispute arising between partners over the division of a multi-billion dollar business empire before the Kuwaiti Courts.
- Dubai Conglomerate: advising in a AED 800 million DIAC arbitration in relation to a real estate development dispute in Dubai.
- Owner of an iron and steel plant: advising in an ICC arbitration in relation to a dispute arising from a gas supply agreement.
- Middle Eastern owner of a salt plant: advising in a LCIA arbitration in relation to the construction of a salt plant.
- US multinational company: advising in a multi-billion Dollar ICC arbitration in relation to a dispute arising from the cancellation of a joint venture agreement.