Linda is an associate in the Dar es Salaam office. She predominantly works in the Corporate and Regulatory Departments. Linda joined Clyde & Co as a trainee in July 2020, after which, she trained with other local law firms. Linda also worked for an Asset Fin-Tech company as the legal counsel advising the company on all its commercial contracts, regulatory, compliance, and business operations in Tanzania.
Linda pursued her undergraduate degree programme at the University of Mzumbe and thereafter pursued her Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice at the Law School of Tanzania. Linda is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and a member of the Tanganyika Law Society and East Africa Law Society.
- Advising an Asset Fin-Tech company on all of its compliance and operations in Tanzania.
- Assisting with drafting memoranda of advice on regulatory compliance and licensing for a major multinational entertainment and media company based in the UK in relation to applicable telecommunication laws in Tanzania.
- Assisting with drafting memoranda of advice on various anti-money laundering, consumer protection, cyber laws, data protection, employment and whistleblowing queries.
- Advising clients on various legal aspects such as data protection, whistleblowing, consumer protection and employment laws.
- Advising and drafting various commercial agreements including credit facility, loan, security, rebate, and partnership agreements.
- Drafting and reviewing various policies including lending policy, HR policy, data protection policy, customer complaints handling policy and whistleblowing policy based on Tanzanian laws.
- Liaising with regulatory bodies and Government agencies / offices within the banking and financial services, construction, telecommunication, mining and PPP sectors.
- Conducting and preparing legal due diligence reports for various clients on commercial transactions.
- Liaising and being the main point of contact at the Business Registrations and Licensing Agency (BRELA) and all other Government agencies and institutions.
- Advising and assisting various foreign companies with organising their statutory fillings at BRELA and Tanzania Regulatory Authority (TRA).
- Advising and assisting with various company secretarial services in Tanzania.
- Advising clients on establishing their business in Tanzania and assisting them with post incorporation matters.
- Advising local and international companies on various aspects of Tanzanian contract law.