He has over 15 years' experience in acting for insurers and their insured in relation to professional indemnity matters working both in the City and in Bristol. Toby has particular experience in defending solicitors, accountants, insurance brokers, financial advisors and insolvency practitioners. Toby also regularly provides coverage advice to insurers.
Toby has particular expertise in pension related matters advising pension professionals, including solicitors, pension administrators and financial advisors as well as pension scheme trustees.
- Defending a multi-million claim against a national law firm in respect of allegedly negligent drafting of pension scheme documentation.
- Defending a firm of accountants in respect of a claim for breach of fiduciary duty regarding activities concerning commercial property transactions.
- Defending a firm of financial advisors in respect of potential claims from over one hundreds clients in respect of pension investment advice.
- Defending an insolvency practitioner in respect of alleged misfeasance in respect of sale at an undervalue and failure to properly pursue claims held by the insolvent company.
- Advising a firm of brokers in respect of claims arising from writing policies allegedly outside their binding authority.
- Advising insurers on coverage issues in respect of a multi-million pound claim brought by a client following the liquidation of an insured firm of financial advisors.
- Advising pension scheme trustees in respect of possible claims arising from members of a pension scheme in respect of the tax efficiency of the way benefits were paid.