Energy & Natural Resources
Aliko Simon has an in-depth knowledge and experience of Tanzanian real estate and employment law matters. With his particular experience in his areas of practice, Aliko provides practical and responsive advice to both local and international clients in Tanzania.
Aliko Simon joined Clyde & Co Tanzania from another law firm based in of Dar es Salaam where he undertook his practical training for two and a half years. At his previous firm, Aliko practised various aspects of law ranging from real estate and investment, employment and labour law, corporate and commercial law to intellectual property and commercial litigation.
Immediately after his admission to the Bar, Aliko joined Clyde & Co Tanzania and has been with the firm for more than over 4 years. At Clyde & Co Tanzania, Aliko has been involved in a wide range of matters, including real estate, employment and labour queries, increasingly focusing on these areas of practice and their interaction with other key areas of practice.
Aliko is currently a Partner with Clyde & Co Tanzania leading the real estate and employment teams.
• Advising international oil and gas companies (IOCs) and undertaking due diligence on the proposed multi-billion dollar liquefied natural gas (LNG) site in Tanzania.
• Advising the developer of an Agro Industrial sugar to power project on a 22,000 acre site in Tanzania.
• Advising a US based developer of an inter-modal port terminal project in Dar es Salaam Tanzania within a 500 acre site.
• Advising BG International Limited on land issues relating to a multi-billion dollar Liquefied Natural Gas project in Tanzania.
• Advising Puma Africa Holdings S.A. in connection with the acquisition of real property assets in Tanzania.
• Advising various international companies in connection with land acquisition, land rights and land ownership options available for foreign entities investing in Tanzania.
• Advising Geita Gold Mining Limited and preparing documents for the sale of a warehouse and office building in Tanzania.
• Advising Songas Limited in connection with the legal process for surrendering real property rights to the Government of Tanzania.
• Advising Sujan Luxury Hospitality Private Limited on Tanzanian law regarding the grant and transfer of land concessions in Tanzanian National Parks.
• Advising Halliburton International Inc. in connection with Tanzanian employment and labour law, pensions and immigration matters including developing the Halliburton International Inc. employment manual for Tanzania.
• Advising and representing Aramex Tanzania Limited at the Commission for Mediation and Arbitration in Tanzania (CMA) in relation to employment and labour law matters.
• Advising Serengeti Breweries Limited in relation to various employment and labour law matters including developing an employment disciplinary policy.
Energy & Natural Resources
Employment, Pensions & Immigration