Nanci Schanerman focuses her practice on civil litigation matters, including complex products liability, class actions, premises liability and general liability cases. She also represents tire manufacturers and handling litigation involving wrongful death and catastrophic injury.
- Florida - all state courts
- US District Courts for the Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
- J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law, 2011. Symposium editor for the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review. Dean’s fellow, Dean’s merit scholar and outstanding merit scholar.
- B.A., New York University, 2008
- Dade County Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- South Florida Claims Association
- Summary judgment in premises liability case involving personal injury.
- Summary judgment in negligent security case related to criminal activity.
- Summary judgment for international insurance company in fire related coverage suit.
- Settlement of 5% of potential eight-figure exposure in alleged brain damage of youth after use of common cold product.
- Settlement on behalf of manufacturer in rollover injury case with six-figure demand.
- Motion to dismiss granted in class action involving airport fuel farm fire.
- Settlement on behalf of manufacturer involving a single death, five personal injury, and five consortium claims.
- Nominal settlement in premises liability case involving construction and building code issues.
- "WATCHing your every move: Wearable technology and its use in litigation," Florida Liability and Claims Conference, June 2017
- "Risk Management for Commercial Properties," client presentation, November 2016
- "Three Important Issues in Minimizing Risk: Defending the Case, Enforcing Defense and Indemnity Obligations, and Avoiding and Defending Bad Faith," client CE presentation, March 2016
- "Social Media Investigation Techniques for Litigation," client CLE presentation, March 2012