Richard has experience of dealing with cross border and UK M&A for both public and private companies. Richard advises on private company acquisitions, joint ventures, investment agreements, management buy-ins and restructurings.
As well as broad general corporate/commercial experience, he has experience in advising both institutional investors and founding partners in connection with projects in the Renewables and Energy Transition space in the UK and overseas.
- Advising UK based energy investor on its disposal of a portfolio of hydro power generation assets with an equity value in excess of £100m.
- Advising joint venture partners on the funding and structuring of both green and blue hydrogen projects in Scotland.
- Advising on a Carbon Capture and Storage project, focussing on the capture of biogenic CO2.
- Advising a privately owned strategic investment group on their partnership with an institutional investor to develop and deliver a significant Battery Energy Storage System and Solar Farm in the UK.
- Advising a large UK contractor on their disposal of a 70% interest (and ongoing joint venture arrangements) in respect of a portfolio of development schemes with a GDV in excess of GBP£2bn to a listed real-estate investment fund.
- Advising a UK based steel and commodities group on its purchase of Europe’s largest aluminium smelter from Rio Tinto for around US$500m.
- Advising the founders and private equity investors in connection with the sale of Leon Restaurants to Euro Garages for around GBP£100m.
- Advising a French based construction firm in connection with their acquisition of a global architects practice operating in the UK, Canada and Australia.