Clyde & Co is a founding member of London International Disputes Week 2019 which is taking place 7-10 May 2019.
The inaugural London International Disputes Week (LIDW) will explore the future of international dispute resolution and celebrate the heritage of London as a leading centre for handling international disputes, through a programme of interactive sessions and networking events.
As part of LIDW, Clyde & Co will be hosting an afternoon session on disputes within the commodities markets. Attendees will hear about topical disputes and arbitration issues and trends in the global commodities sector.
- Synthetic bills and synthetic trading (e.g. copy documents used) and how this is manifesting
- Spotlight on agency issues in commodities arbitration: from service of process to enforcement
- Force Majeure: Trends, Caselaw and the GAFTA clause
- Special Challenges in Commodities Arbitrations, based on price changes, and Appeals to the Court
- Are you an Ambler Gambler? Simon Rainey QC will focus on avoiding the pitfalls of being appointed as an arbitrator and how challenges for arbitral impartiality can be avoided
For further information on London International Disputes Week or to sign up to the commodities session click here.
|Registration and lunch|
|Panel Q&A session|