Amreen joined Clyde & Co Tanzania in January 2018. She has gained significant experience advising local and international clients in the construction, mining and finance sectors.
Prior to joining Clyde & Co in 2018, Amreen attended the Law School of Tanzania and studied the Legal Practice Course (LPC) alongside an MSc in Law, Business and Management.
- Advising an American company in relation to an asset purchase agreement in Tanzania.
- Advising various clients in relation to the incorporation of employee trusts.
- Advising various mining companies on the issuance of corporate bonds and entry into the Enterprise Growth Market on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Advising various mining companies on the effects of the Mining (Local Content) Regulations.
- Acting for various clients in relation to credit facility agreements.
- Assisting with applying and obtaining approvals from the Fair Competition Commission.
- Advising a freight forwarding company in relation to registration of intra-group loan agreements with the Bank of Tanzania and the Registrar of Documents.
- Advising a tobacco company on local legislation which affects their interests in the region.
- Advising banking clients in relation to winding up.
- Drafting legal opinions and advising lenders on enforceability of agreements and capacity of borrowers in relation to various debt financing transactions.
- Advising clients operating in the mining sector in relation to local content plans required by the Mining Commission.