Amreen joined Clyde & Co Tanzania in January 2018. She has gained significant experience advising local and international clients in the construction, mining and finance sectors. Prior to joining Clyde & Co in 2018, Amreen attended the Law School of Tanzania, and previously studied the Legal Practice Course (LPC) alongside an MSc in Law, Business and Management in the United Kingdom. Amreen is an Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and a member of the Tanganyika Law Society. She is also a registered arbitrator with the Tanzania Institute of Arbitrators (TIArb).
- Advising an American company in relation to an asset purchase agreement in Tanzania.
- Advising various clients in relation to the incorporation of employee trusts.
- Advising various mining companies on the issuance of corporate bonds and entry into the Enterprise Growth Market on the Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange.
- Advising various mining companies on the effects of the Mining (Local Content) Regulations.
- Acting for various clients in relation to credit facility agreements.
- Assisting with applying and obtaining approvals from the Fair Competition Commission.
- Advising a freight forwarding company in relation to registration of intra-group loan agreements with the Bank of Tanzania and the Registrar of Documents.
- Advising a tobacco company on local legislation which affects their interests in the region.
- Advising banking clients in relation to winding up.
- Drafting legal opinions and advising lenders on enforceability of agreements and capacity of borrowers in relation to various debt financing transactions.
- Advising clients operating in the mining sector in relation to local content plans required by the Mining Commission.