Jennifer is a senior associate based in the Abu Dhabi office of Clyde & Co, specialising in international commercial arbitration and litigation. Jennifer regularly advises a wide range of clients on commercial disputes before local courts (including the ADGM Courts), and in arbitration proceedings under both local and international rules, including ADCCAC, DIAC, DIFC-LCIA and the ICC.
Jennifer has particular expertise in real estate and hospitality disputes, automotive and manufacturing disputes, and commercial agency, distributor and franchise disputes. Jennifer also has experience of construction and engineering disputes across the Middle East, having worked in the region prior to joining Clyde & Co.
An England and Wales qualified lawyer, Jennifer previously worked for a leading international firm based in London.
- Representing a developer in DIAC arbitration proceedings against claims for an extension of time, prolongation costs and entitlement to variations arising from the construction of a luxury hotel resort.
- Representing a prominent Abu Dhabi based organisation in ADCCAC arbitration proceedings commenced in a AED 550 million dispute arising out of the sale and purchase of plots in Abu Dhabi.
- Representing an Oman based oil and gas company in a complex USD 30 million dispute for the drilling of a large exploratory oil project in Oman. The dispute was heard under ad hoc arbitration proceedings.
- Pursuing a EUR 6.5 million subrogated recovery claim on behalf of insurers against a German company in the ICC Court of Arbitration.
- Representing a high-profile UAE based real estate developer in ADCCAC administered arbitration proceedings arising from sale and purchase agreements, with a value of AED 150 million.
- Acting for a Dubai based sub-contractor in a AED 130 million claim before the Abu Dhabi courts.
- Acting for a Middle Eastern shipping company in a number of civil and criminal proceedings before the Abu Dhabi Courts.
- Acting for a multinational technology corporation in a USD 500,000 dispute regarding a distribution agreement covering the Middle East and North Africa.
- Advising a hotel operator on the termination of its hotel management agreement.
- Advising a number of international automotive manufacturers on their distribution and agency relationships across the MEA region.