Sherif advises both local and international clients on commercial contentious matters across the MENA region. He leads a team of litigation specialists and operates a heavy weight contentious practice with extensive regional reach.
Sherif has extensive experience in complex, high value local and international disputes and his practice primarily focuses on resolving Middle East disputes arising out of commercial agreements including debt recovery, real estate, lease, construction, commercial agency, franchising, oil & gas, shareholder, joint venture, hospitality and international trade and commodities disputes.
He further advises multinational corporations and government-owned entities in international commercial arbitrations under a variety of rules including those of the CRCICA, DIAC and ICC with a focus on arbitrations involving interests in the Middle East. He has a strong expertise on regional laws and procedures.
Sherif lived in Paris, London, Abu Dhabi, Dubai and Cairo. He is fluent in English, Arabic and French.
- European multinational conglomerate corporation: representing before the Dubai Courts in a debt recovery claim arising out of the sale of steel to a Middle Eastern Company
- Middle Eastern Leading Developer: representing before the UAE courts in a volume of litigation cases arising out of the sale and purchase of properties
- Multinational Clothing Company: representing before the Dubai courts in a dispute arising out of a distribution agreement.
- Multinational Petrochemical Company: defending in Sharjah Courts proceedings arising out of the termination of a service agreement
- Middle Eastern Family Business: representing before the Qatari Courts in relation to several disputes with multinational companies arising out of agency agreements
- Middle Eastern Agricultural company: representing in several summary proceedings before the Dubai courts for the recovery of debts arising from a lease of agricultural land and from the sale of agricultural products
- European exporter of fruit and vegetables: representing before the Omani courts for the recovery of a debt arising from the sale of fruits and vegetables
- Multi-national Hotel Manager: representing in Dubai Courts proceedings in relation to a commercial dispute out of global sales agency agreements
- UAE Insurance Company: representing before Ras Al Khaimah Courts in relation to a dispute with an insured in relation to the payment of the insurance premium
- Abu Dhabi government-owned company: representing before the Abu Dhabi Court of Appeal in a case brought by an oil field services contractor.
- Kuwaiti multi-billion business owner: advising in a dispute arising between partners over the division of a multi-billion dollar business empire before the Kuwaiti Courts.
- Middle Easter Submarine Cable Installation, Maintenance and Repair: representing in a DIAC arbitration arising out of shipbuilding dispute
- UAE Radio Broadcaster Company: Representing in an ADCCAC arbitration arising out of a dispute in relation to management agreement of radio stations in the UAE
- Saudi Investors: advising in relation to an ICSID arbitration arising out of the expropriation of assets by the Egyptian Government
- Middle Eastern Pharmaceutical company: advising in relation to an ADCCAC arbitration arising out of a shareholder’s dispute
- Dubai Conglomerate: advising in a AED 800 million DIAC arbitration in relation to a real estate development dispute in Dubai.
- Owner of an iron and steel plant: advising in an ICC arbitration in relation to a dispute arising from a gas supply agreement.
- Middle Eastern owner of a salt plant: advising in a LCIA arbitration in relation to the construction of a salt plant.
- US multinational company: advising in a multi-billion Dollar ICC arbitration in relation to a dispute arising from the cancellation of a joint venture agreement.