Annuscha joined the Johannesburg office in 2022. Prior to joining the firm Annuscha was an equity partner at one of the top five law firms in Johannesburg and a local partner at the largest international law firm.
Annuscha has substantial transactional and project management expertise and has advised and been lead attorney on numerous transactions for various multi-national and major South African and international corporations. She has an outstanding professional performance and a strong track record.
Annuscha’s breadth of exposure includes corporate, contractual, statutory and regulatory issues in the technology, energy, transport, mining, infrastructure and other sectors, privatisations, public/private partnerships, complex supply arrangements, complex infrastructure projects and corporate governance matters.
- Advised a major energy player, which produces and markets fuels and natural gas in respect of the NATREF oil refinery.
- Provided advice on an ongoing basis on corporate, statutory and regulatory issues to the leading company in the global overhead crane industry, including, advise on the proposed acquisition of a South African interest.
- Provided advice on an ongoing basis on corporate, statutory and regulatory issues in the insurance industry, including, advise on the proposed sale by a London based (insurance) entity on the disposal of its entire local shareholding interest.
- Advised an energy company in the UK on all legal aspects relating to the prospective acquisition by it of a majority stake holding (equity and debt interests in South Africa and African based assets.
- Advised various mining companies in relation to several significant projects in the mining sector and advised the world's 4th largest integrated ferrochrome producer and its indirect majority shareholder, on all legal aspects relating to the prospective black economic empowerment transaction (pursuant to the requirements of the Mining Charter and the Mineral and Petroleum Resources Development Act No. 28 of 2002).
- Advised a state-owned commercially-driven company and strategic partner for innovative defence, security and related technology solutions in relation to several significant projects, including projects in the aviation, munitions and land systems sectors and on all legal aspects (including the requisite project due diligence and government approvals) relating to its restructuring. The restructuring in question involved the following projects, each of which were bespoke transactions were negotiated in the complex international defence sector
- Advised a leading financial and insurance services organization in respect of its acquisition of 50% of the issued share capital of an investment management services.
- Advised a diamond mining group headquartered in Jersey and various South African subsidiaries in relation to the security package provided by the South African entities for the parent company’s financial obligations. Advise, included, the amendment of general banking facilities held with a syndicate of Lenders, refinancing of general banking facilities and the establishment of certain empowerment vehicles to support the corporate restructure.
- Advised a mining & metals company based out of SHIJIAZHUANG on their acquisition of a shareholding interest in a mining company.
- Advised the largest globally diversified natural resource company in relation to its prospective sale of material mining to various purchasers, the details of which are confidential.
- Advised a diversifying resource company listed on The Stock Exchange of Hong Kong Limited on its acquisition of 46% of the issued share capital of a platinum mine.
- Advised, in relation to the prospective acquisition of certain key material assets relating to Infrastructure and Building platforms, owned by Murray & Roberts Limited.
- Advised on all legal matters in respect of the proposed joint acquisition of Khanyisa Coal Fired Power Project situated at the Kleinkopje colliery in Mpumalanga.
- Advised a world-leading resources company on several material projects, including a long-term coal transportation project and an ongoing and project in the coal sector.
- Advised a well known mining entity on the development of a coal power station and related off-take arrangements, including financing, infrastructure development and project finance aspects.
- Advised key global players in relation to various projects in the forestry and sawmilling sectors.
- Advised, a state-controlled company, in relation to the development of nuclear energy and fuel technology in South Africa. Advice extended to legal matters relating to shareholders’ agreements, energy advice, de-commissioning advice, nuclear fuel and licensing requirements, etc.
- Advised in relation to the merger of the thermal power businesses of two global players, which also related to the significant interest held in the Medupi and Kusile power stations which are the largest in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Advised an energy company operating in green energy production and a solar energy solutions provider on several renewable energy projects (including, financing) in round one of the IPP Procurement Programme.
- on an ongoing basis on corporate, statutory and regulatory issues relating to, inter alia, the design, construction and operation of power plants;
- on an ongoing basis on corporate, statutory and regulatory issues relating to, inter alia, the operation of Wind Farms located in the Eastern Cape; and
- a Russian based energy corporation on corporate, statutory and regulatory issues pertaining to South Africa's stalled 9.6 GW nuclear new build programme.