Peter joined Clyde & Co in 2013 and is a partner with over 20 years of expertise of complex property insurance claims.
Peter leads Clyde & Co's regional offering for property insurance, working closely with our market leading London team. He is a nominated individual to handle large loss property claims for many of our clients including AXA, Zurich, Aviva and NFU Mutual.
His work profile encompasses property damage liability claims, subrogated recoveries, policy coverage disputes and property fraud.
He is particularly skilled at fire claims, water escapes and construction related losses and is renowned for his first party fraud expertise and coverage work.
- Represented NIG at the commercial court & court of appeal in 2009 defending GBP 2m policy coverage case relating to failure of a fire suppression system
- Pursued an GBP 88m recovery for Zurich in 2004 arising out of a fire at Triumph motorcycle factory
- Defended electrical contractors for AVIVA in 2010 in a GBP 2m fire claim at a new flat development following negligent installation of a consumer unit
- Acted for AXA (LLU) on several GBP 1m+ construction disputes including TCC case in 2010 of Aldgate/Thompson dealing with level of business interruption recoverable by a property development company following a fire at a development
- Defended LV= in 2011 on a GBP 2m property damage claim at an engineering plant. Policy successfully avoided for non-disclosure of previous liquidations and insolvencies
- Proponent of ADR/mediation having attended at over 20 mediations for clients on multi-party disputes