Sindy is an Associate in the Marine team of our Hong Kong office since December 2021. Before joining Clyde & Co, Sindy specialised in commercial litigation and corporate insolvency. She has experience in handling a wide range of commercial disputes, including claims for breaches of directors’ duties, unfair prejudicial conduct, misappropriation of funds, conspiracy to defraud and shareholders’ disputes.
Sindy holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Warwick and Postgraduate Certificate in Laws from the University of Hong Kong. She is qualified as a Solicitor in Hong Kong in 2020 and in England and Wales in 2022.
Sindy is fluent in English, Mandarin and Cantonese.
- Representing a family group of companies in actions against former directors for breaches of fiduciary duties, misappropriation of funds and conspiracy to defraud.
- Acting for a Hong Kong listed company and its BVI subsidiary in claim for restitution of sums paid pursuant to subscription agreement.
- Making Norwich Pharmacal applications against bank and liquidators for disclosure of documents for tracing assets subject to fraud.
- Representing a Hong Kong company in opposing proceedings for release of implied undertaking to the Court in respect of documents obtained in criminal investigations for use in civil actions.
- Acting for PRC and Taiwanese clients in disputes over shareholding in Hong Kong companies.
- Defending a Russian investor in claim for payment under an alleged promissory note and obtaining discharge of order for service out of jurisdiction and setting aside the default judgment against him.
- Advising on deed of settlement and deed relating to buy-back of shares and sale of property in respect of a family trust.
- Assisting various Hong Kong companies in loan recovery, security enforcement and winding-up proceedings.