Moataz has worked with clients operating in the aviation, education, healthcare, hospitality, insurance, real estate, and retail and consumer sectors.
Moataz is a member of the Egyptian Bar Association. He graduated with a Master of Laws degree (LLM) from the University of Hamburg in 2021, a Master of Science, Economics degree from Cairo University in 2021, and a Bachelor of Laws degree (LLB) from Cairo University in 2016.
Moataz is fluent in Arabic and English.
- Advising Capital for Securitization and Bedaya Mortgage Finance Co. (Bedaya) on the EGP 843 million securitization issuance for Bedaya, the first tranche of what is expected to be a total of a four-tranche programme with a value of EGP 3 billion.
- Advising JAF Investment on its EGP 177 million 30 per cent dual acquisition (under execution) of Rawaj Consumer Finance and UE Finance in Egypt from Arabia Investments Holding (AIH), a company listed on the Egyptian Exchange.
- Advising Saint-Gobain on its 100 per cent acquisition of United Paints and Chemicals S.A.E. (“Drymix”), a ready-mix mortars manufacturer serving the construction industry in Egypt.
- Advising GlaxoSmithKline Services Unlimited (GSK Group) on the demerger of its consumer healthcare business to form global consumer healthcare company, Haleon Group. The transaction was valued at GBP 55 million (approximately USD 63.8 million).
- Advising a global, research and development-driven pharmaceutical company in connection with the separation of its consumer health business from its pharmaceutical business.
- Advising a client on the share purchase agreement on the sale of their shares in one of the leading real estate developers in the Middle East. The purpose of the transaction is to develop the land owned by the client for the construction of a world-class real estate project.
- Advising Arab Company for Urban Developments, a member of the Talaat Mostafa Group (TGM), on the sale of a portfolio of elementary schools in Egypt with a value close to EGP 1 billion.
- Advising as the lead counsel to Gig-Egypt on the transaction to acquire 100 per cent of AIG Egypt through a mandatory tender offer.
- Advising a US geographical systems company in their exit from an Egyptian joint venture and creation of a new entity to distribute their products in Africa and the Middle East.
- Advising a global cyber-security company on the purchase of 100 per cent of the share capital of an Egyptian cyber security company.
- Advising a leading bank in the Middle East in the sale of their Egyptian non-banking financial services subsidiaries.
- Advising a Singaporean food manufacturer in the restructure, including share and asset transfers and creation of two-tiered structure to service their importation activities, of their business in Egypt.
- Advising a leading real estate development company in the Middle East on the establishment of serviced real estate units in the new urban development areas in Egypt.
- Advising clients on various corporate issues: drafting and negotiating all documents relating to corporate restructures, inter-company lending matters, dividend distribution, establishment of various types of legal entities, increasing or reducing companies' capital, debt capitalization, suspension of activities and liquidation matters, sale of shares matters and related documentation, drafting and attending shareholders' general meetings.
- Advising Louis Vuitton on the distribution of their products.
- Advising foreign insurance companies on the solicitation of their products in Egypt.
Hotel management agreements
- Advising a leading Egyptian real estate group in relation to reviewing and negotiating a full set of hotel management agreements (including, inter alia, hotel management, residential units, trademarks and IT licenses, marketing and sales agreements) to be entered into with a leading multinational hotel management company, with respect to the management of a resort and residential units.
- Advising several hotels on the execution of various management agreements and ancillary agreements.
- Advising a global research and development-driven pharma company in connection with the transfer of the employees from its existing vehicle following a spin-off.
- Advising a global conglomerate with the transfer of employees from its rep office to its existing LLC.
- Advising a US-based client in relation to the transfer of employees following its exit. This included preparation of employment agreements and related transfer documents.
- Advising a VOD platform on the risks of appointing employees through third party vendors.
- Advising a US-based client on the risks of engaging with independent contractors through service agreements without having legal presence in Egypt.
- Assisting a US-based client with the appointment of an independent contractor in Libya.