Zhen Guang regularly advises clients in multiple sectors on transactional projects such as technology outsourcing and procurement, as well as advisory matters focusing on data privacy and protection, cybersecurity, Fintech (regulatory), and technology risk management. Zhen Guang also has extensive experience handling complex and sensitive investigations involving cybersecurity attacks and data breach incidents.
Zhen Guang is also:
- a legal advisor under the Payment Regulatory Evaluation Program (PREP), an initiative by the Monetary Authority of Singapore to assist payment services providers
- an Accredited Specialist (Data and Digital Economy) appointed by the Singapore Academy of Law as part of the pioneer batch of accredited specialists (Data and Digital Economy)
- a Committee Member of the Cybersecurity & Data Protection Committee of the Law Society of Singapore for 2023
Zhen Guang holds the Certified Information Privacy Professional/Asia (CIPP/A) and the Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe (CIPP/E) data protection/privacy accreditation from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP).
In addition, Zhen Guang has been on secondment to Ant Group in Hangzhou, China, where he advised on various commercial projects including collaboration arrangements and Blockchain-as-a-Service agreements.
Zhen Guang is fluent in English and Mandarin.
- Advising a digital wallet subsidiary of an American social media conglomerate on regulatory and licensing requirements in its efforts to set up its custodial wallet software and services in various Southeast Asian countries for a new stablecoin payment system.
- Advising a leading Chinese multinational electronics company on the applicability of the Singapore Payment Services Act 2019 to its proposed top-up and payment processing services.
- Preparing and negotiating a participation agreement for a major Chinese fintech company concerning the former’s provision of a trade finance blockchain-based platform service to various financial institutions.
- Advising an international internet finance authentication alliance on the legal issues and requirements concerning its proposed establishment in Singapore and other ASEAN countries.
- Advising a non-profit organisation that represents the interest of the commercial and investment banking community in Singapore in its industry response to the MAS-issued consultation paper on guidelines for e-payments user protection.
- Advising a major Chinese fintech company on Singapore data protection laws relating to online payment fraud and risk management practices.
- Advising a multinational telecommunications company on data protection issues arising from COVID-19 with respect to various Southeast Asian countries including Singapore.
- Advising a leading French company in the business of medical diagnostic solutions on Singapore data protection and cybersecurity regulations in respect of connected medical devices.
- Assisting a major Japanese hedge fund database provider on investigations by the Singapore Personal Data Protection Commission (PDPC) for which a positive result was achieved.
- Assisting a national research university in Singapore in managing the review of its data protection documentation for GDPR compliance.
- Advising, drafting and reviewing data protection compliance documentation for various financial institutions, e-commerce companies, and education institutions.
TMT & IP
- Reviewing a source code escrow agreement for a major Chinese fintech company to be entered into between the former, an international theme park operator and an information assurance firm.
- Advising a leading Myanmar insurer on a master services agreement and a software licensing agreement with an Indian multinational IT company concerning the former’s core IT system.
- Advising a British multinational telecommunications conglomerate on the telecommunication regulatory framework in Singapore.
- Assisting a multilateral development bank’s engagement with an African country on the strengthening of the country’s national digital identification system including the readiness of its existing legal and regulatory enabling environment.
- Preparing an event sponsorship agreement and a title sponsorship and syndication agreement for a Singapore-based mixed martial arts organisation to be entered into between the former and a Philippines telecommunications services provider.
- Carrying out IP due diligence for a Singapore dating & networking app operator in connection with its proposed listing on the NYSE.