Simon advises on public and private company corporate finance transactions including IPOs and secondary offerings, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and private equity transactions and provides inward investment and fund structuring advice, often with a cross-border or multi-jurisdictional element.
Simon's clients are drawn from a variety of sectors including real estate and hotels, international trade and lifesciences.
- Advising on the acquisition of a UK coal fired power station by way of share purchase, including advice on the regulatory regime and grid connection arrangements
- Advising an international trading house on its investments in emerging market oil and gas assets, including on acquisition, partnering, joint venture and funding arrangements.
- Advising Russian and Indian clients on a variety of UK inbound investments, including the acquisition of a steel rolling mill and foundry assets.
- Advising on a multi-party joint venture to finance, develop, market and licence cutting edge process reactor technology for the beneficiation of coal and related process applications.
- Advising on the sale of equity interests in a provider of advanced computing services to the upstream oil and gas industry to a leading independent oil and gas consulting and software company.
- Advising on the purchase of debt and equity interests in a worldwide bunker trader and supplier with outlets across the Mediterranean and South America.
- Advising listed pharmaceutical companies on the acquisition and disposal of Pan-European product portfolios.
- Acquisition and sales of real estate assets held within corporate wrappers, including unit trusts incorporated within the UK and offshore including Luxembourg, the Channel Islands, Cayman Islands, BVI and Lichtenstein.
- Advising on and setting up numerous investment and fund structures for single and mixed use real estate schemes using a variety of UK and offshore structures, including contractual JVs, partnerships, LLPs, LPs, JPUT and companies, including a scheme to redevelop Hammersmith Town Hall as a major retail, office and residential PPP scheme; a series of London prime residential developments; hotel and residential mixed use schemes; care homes and student accommodation.
- Advising on the set-up of a Jersey based sharia compliant investment vehicle for Middle-Eastern investors to invest in prime London property assets.
- Restructuring equity and debt facilities for a series of Luxembourg property funds with assets in excess of EUR 1 billion.
- Restructuring of debt facilities for a major central London property development, including splitting the assets into separate holdings and facilitating the introduction of new mezzanine and senior debt from Deutsche Bank and a US debt fund.