Carol is experienced in providing advice to world's leading trade credit insurers in Europe, North America and Asia on the legal and practical issues in relation to commercial decisions.
She also advises international insurers on cargo claims and recoveries involving air, sea and road transportation.
She has represented clients before various Chinese courts and arbitration commissions.
Carol via Westlink Partnership, is qualified to practise in China. She speaks fluent English and Chinese.
- Handling subrogated claims on behalf of international and domestic insurers under trade credit and product liability policies by means of litigation and out-of-court negotiations .
- Advising international and domestic insurance companies on trade-related matters involving bills of lading and insurance disputes, also advising freight-forwarding and logistics companies in both contentious and non-contentious matters involving air, sea, and road transportation.
- Initiating arbitration on behalf of a Chinese insurer against the land carrier on freight forwarding contractual disputes, conducting mediation with the land carrier and successfully reached a settlement before the court hearing commenced.
- Defending an international insurer in dispute over right of life and obtained favorable judgment.
- Conducting amicable negotiations on behalf of a Canadian state-owned insurer in a subrogated claim under product liability policies and successfully recovered full claim amount of approximately USD800,000.
- Conducting pre-litigation negotiations on behalf of a Japanese state-owned insurer in a subrogated claim under product liability policies. Successfully reached a settlement and recovered full amount.
- Pursuing cargo recovery during inland transit in Thailand on behalf of a Malaysia insurance company and successfully recovered total loss from the Thai carrier.
- Acting for a leading Chinese motor company in a recovery matter against foreign buyer before a Chinese arbitration commission. The arbitration proceeding was conducted in English.
- Acting for a prominent hotel management group in an amicable negotiation with its franchisees over franchise disputes. Successfully recovered the full amount.
- Acting for foreign clients as creditors in bankruptcy and restructuring proceedings in China.
- Acting for foreign clients in applying for recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitral awards in Chinese courts.