Kevin advises clients across a number of sectors, including manufacturing, retail, hospitality and housing ranging from large international public limited companies, off-shore funds through to smaller private developers and individuals. In addition, Kevin advises a number of clients in the public sector, with a specialism for higher education institutions.
Before joining Clyde & Co Kevin spent 13 years at Irwin Mitchell, joining the firm upon qualification in 2007 and being promoted to partner in 2017.
- Acting for an offshore based investment fund listed on the Channel Islands Stock Exchange in connection with the £417m disposal of a portfolio of purpose-built student accommodation based across the UK.
- Advising a local authority in connection with a town centre urban regeneration scheme including the development of a retail scheme and transfer of land to a national house-builder.
- Advising Outokumpu Stainless on the £10m disposal of 48 acres of redundant former steel works land to be developed into a national logistics hub.
- Advising Sheffield Hallam University in relation to a project to create an 'Advanced Wellbeing Research Centre', to create the most advanced research and development centre for physical activity in the world.
- Acting for a property investment company on the £80m refinance of a retail property portfolio.
- Advising a joint venture regeneration project between the private sector and local authority of a 200 acres site on the canal road corridor between Bradford and Shipley to create a new £250m sustainable settlement.
- Advising a joint private joint venture developer in connection with a office-led mixed use, £175m urban regeneration scheme in Sheffield City Centre.
- Advising a student accommodation fund in connection with the property aspects of a £135m debt facility with a syndicate of lenders.
- Advising a Russell Group University in connection with the £10m acquisition and subsequent site re-structure and occupational lease re-gears to form a key piece of its investment portfolio.
- Advising an off-shore trust in connection with a £10m shopping centre acquisition as part of a wider town centre regeneration scheme working in conjunction with the local authority.