Clare has worked on a number of groundbreaking projects in the energy space. She also has considerable experience of regulation including international sanctions and anti-corruption compliance. Clare was formally legal director of a commodity trader and has direct commercial experience of trading.
She is recommended in Legal 500 and was awarded a UK Client Choice Award in the Energy and Natural Resources sector. She was recently recommended by Lexology based on client feedback as a lawyer who adds value.
Clare is a member of the Energy Institute and the Vice President of the CLLS Energy Committee. She speaks regularly at conferences on commodities and energy related matters.
- Advising a leading infrastructure fund on a portfolio of solar projects including a detailed review of the terms of a contract for differences for the projects.
- Advising a property developer on installation of a private wire and heating system for a major new development of over 700 new premises including contracts for the construction of the network and installation of air source pumps.
- Advising Energy UK and the UK energy supply market on negotiations for the Energy Price Guarantee.
- Advising the operator of a large scale biomass plant on amendments required to the Operation and Maintenance to take account of significant problems during construction and termination of the EPC Contract, including impact on defects and incentive scheme.
- Advising Total on all aspects of the long term sale of marine LNG to CMA CGM including reviewing HOAs, drafting a bespoke long term contract for the supply of marine LNG incorporating the HOAs and a template customer contract and advising on marine and pollution liability, insurance and competition.
- Advising a European listed utility on an operation and maintenance contract for a 70MW peat fired power plant in Rwanda including negotiating shareholder agreements for a joint venture with sponsors and direct agreements and credit support with lenders.
- Advising SIMEC on the sale of Uskmouth power plant (SUP) to Atlantis Resources (ARL) for a 49.99% stake in ARL. This included negotiation of a fuel supply agreement for pellets for SUP and fixed price and floating price PPAs for offtake from SUP.
- Advising Energy UK on behalf of the UK gas and power supply industry on the creation of a Central Delivery Body for Smart Metering and associated regulatory issues including SMICOP code of conduct.
- Advising a global commodity trader on their gas trading contracts for trading gas at a number of European hubs with global counterparties including master netting agreements, adapting them to incorporate changes in the underlying market and advising on potential market entry into the French market at the PEG Nord virtual trading hub.
- Advising a waste company on the development, construction and ownership of an anaerobic digestion plant to generate biomethane for injection in the Grid. This included the negotiation and drafting of a carbon reduction agreement, negotiation of property rights through an agreement to lease and long-term leasing arrangement, advice on planning consents, and on construction and supply agreements related to the plant and equipment.
- Advising project sponsors in relation to the first LNG import terminal in sub-Saharan Africa involving the export of LNG from Trinidad and Tobago for delivery ex-ship at Port Tema, Ghana, including negotiation of the SPAs for LNG and drafting of the gas sales agreement with the Government of Ghana.