Philip is an experienced corporate lawyer. His work includes mergers and acquisitions (including private share/asset sales), corporate finance, joint ventures and large scale capital projects work. He has extensive experience in transactional, commercial and project work all over the world including: Africa, the Middle East, Latin America, Asia and throughout Europe.
Philip has particular experience in energy and natural resources having gained considerable experience in industry working for a variety of blue chip international oil & gas operating companies, including as UK counsel for Sasol. He is a member of the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators and a former Chairman of the UK Energy Lawyers Group. Philip has also advised on numerous mining and natural resources projects throughout Africa and Asia.
- Advising a major Brazilian mining company on a CFR term prepayment contract for the sale and purchase of Brazilian Iron Ore to a major international trading company for USD 200 million
- Advising a client on a series of transactions raising USD 600 million of equity, debt and mezzanine finance including a pre-export finance facility in West Africa secured over certain of the Company's assets and shareholdings
- Acting for Savannah Petroleum on its acquisition of certain of the assets of Seven Energy in Nigeria
- Advising Petrobras on the sale of its interests in Block BC-10 in the Campos Basin, Brazil to Shell and ONGC for USD 1.54 billion
- Advising an international company on a gas project in Nigeria worth in excess of USD 6 billion
- Advising an upstream oil & gas company on a package of interests in three different West African countries for USD 200 million
- Advising a European food company on the acquisition of a substantial UK dairy business
- Advising on a rights issue for a UK brewery company
- Advising an international company on its interests in a Gas to Liquids plant in Qatar
- Advising a major listed company on the acquisition of a UK hotel and restaurant business
- Advising a major Middle Eastern Investor on its USD 600 million preferred bid for a package of North Sea assets
- Advising an upstream oil & gas company on all contractual requirements for a West African deep-water drilling campaign
- Advising various companies on farm-in agreements and related joint operating agreements for upstream interests in Ethiopia, Kenya, South Africa and Mozambique
- Advising Petro-Canada on the USD 2.1 billion acquisition sale of Veba Oil & Gas's international operated and non-operated business having business operations in 12 countries including an integrated project financed LNG project in Latin America