International law firm continues significant US expansion with hire of ten-partner insurance and litigation group
US and international law firm Clyde & Co is pleased to announce a significant expansion in the United States with the hire of a ten-partner insurance and litigation group and the launch of offices in Chicago and Washington, DC.
The group, which includes a number of other attorneys and staff, joins from Troutman Sanders LLP. It comprises highly regarded insurance coverage, trial and litigation teams, with a focus on financial lines, professional lines, directors & officers and general liability work for US and international insurance carriers, professional services firms and corporations.
Simon Konsta, Clyde & Co Senior Partner, says: "To be joined by a team of this size and calibre represents another significant milestone in our US growth story. We are committed to continuing to invest in the United States and having this group on board, which includes a number of leaders in their fields, provides us with the opportunity to further broaden and deepen our global offering for our clients."
The expansion is the latest growth for Clyde & Co in the US and follows the opening of a Miami office in July 2016. The firm now has eight offices and nearly 50 partners and 200 legal professionals nationally in offices including San Francisco, Newport Beach, Atlanta, New York City and New Jersey.
The joining team includes four partners in Chicago and six partners in Washington, DC.
The four partners in Chicago are:
- Eileen King Bower is currently office managing partner and has a general liability and professional liability practice.
- Clint Cameron will also lead the Chicago office. He practices mass tort and pollution general liability coverage litigation, with particular experience in large asbestos cases.
- David Cutter has a broad national insurance litigation practice representing insurers in D&O, professional liability, and general liability matters and also advises on broader litigation and transactional risk matters.
- James Sanders primarily represents insurers in complex, high-stakes insurance coverage litigation, with an emphasis on long-tail environmental and toxic tort claims.
The six partners in Washington, DC are:
- Jack Gerstein is a renowned trial lawyer with a diverse litigation practice across professional liability, insurance, toxic torts, commercial fraud and product liability.
- David Gische has an insurance coverage and coverage litigation practice involving directors and officers and professional liability policies.
- Leslie Ahari has counselled and litigated on behalf of insurance clients in complex directors & officers and professional liability coverage matters arising nationwide.
- Meredith Werner represents insurers in complex disputes arising under directors and officers and other professional liability policies.
- Patrick Hofer is a nationwide trial and appellate litigator representing insurers in complex coverage disputes, specializing in issues at the intersection of insurance and corporate law.
- Gaby Richeimer litigates insurance and non-insurance matters in state and federal court, including insurance coverage and bad faith lawsuits.
James Burns, Clyde & Co Head of Americas, says: "With this latest growth we continue to make progress towards our goal of being the leading insurance coverage and defense firm in the United States. This is a significant and high-calibre group of lawyers. They provide us with a presence in two key locations and strengthen our ties with some of our largest clients and will be a terrific addition to our firm in the Americas and beyond."
Eileen King Bower comments on behalf of the joining team: "Clients increasingly want support not just locally, but across the US and the world. Clyde & Co has an unmatched reputation in the insurance sector globally and provides us with a great platform to broaden out our insurance coverage and trial practices. We're excited to be playing a part in this latest phase of the firm's growth."
Clyde & Co operates as a single global partnership and focuses on five core sectors globally: insurance, infrastructure, trade and commodities, energy and transportation. The United States is a core market for many of its clients, which include many US and international insurance carriers.
Comments from US board members:
Mike Knoerzer Clyde & Co New York Managing Partner, adds: "Many of our clients have significant operations in Chicago and across the mid-west so having a presence there is important for us as a national player. Likewise, being in the administrative heart of the country in Washington, DC is a significant move. We have known this group for a long time and they will be a great fit for our business and our clients."
Bill Casey, Clyde & Co San Francisco Managing Partner, says: "That we offer a national presence is important for our clients, as they face increasingly interconnected and complex legal issues across state and national borders. The addition of these lawyers complements our existing directors & officers and litigation capabilities on both coasts and gives us a presence in two key cities."
Daren McNally, Clyde & Co New Jersey Managing Partner, says: "We are very pleased to welcome another top team to the firm. With this latest expansion we are not only adding a presence in two important locations but also strengthening our bench of high-quality coverage attorneys, which will be to the advantage of our clients in the US and internationally. I have worked with the team in DC in particular for many years on significant insurance coverage matters and have the highest respect for their trial capabilities."