Mark advises in respect of all health and safety incidents including joint Police/Health and Safety Executive corporate manslaughter investigations, workplace fatalities and individual liability allegations such as gross negligence manslaughter and breaches of sections 7 and 37 of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. In addition he also specialises in road traffic cases and is regularly involved in fatal road traffic cases at both the investigation and Court stage.
Mark’s background as a criminal lawyer and former HSE prosecution solicitor agent means that he has the ability and insight to represent client’s investigated and/or prosecuted in a wide range of criminal matters.
His areas of expertise include:
- Health and safety
- Corporate and gross negligence manslaughter
- Environmental investigations and prosecutions
- Road traffic
- Coroner’s inquests
- Successful representation of a major corporate client in relation to an appeal against the service of a Prohibition Notice
- Ongoing representation of a London based company who are subject to an ongoing Corporate Manslaughter investigation by the Police and the Health and Safety Executive following a fatality on a work site in London.
- Ongoing representation of a Midlands based company who are subject to an ongoing investigation by the Health and Safety Executive following a fatal fall from height accident on one of their work projects.
- Representation of an individual employee driver who was involved in a work place transport accident which resulted in the death of a fellow worker. This accident is currently being investigated by the Police and the Health and Safety Executive.
- Successful representation at Trial of a major corporate client who was prosecuted by the Health and Safety Executive following a fall from height accident on one of their construction projects in the Midlands.
- Successful appeal against an Improvement Notice which was served by the Health and Safety Executive due to the Inspectors concerns about work place transport safety issues. Client is a large scale waste and recycling company based in the South of England.
- Ongoing advice and representation of a Care Home subject to a wide reaching investigation by the Police in to allegations of neglect following the death of a resident.
- Successful representation of a driver who was interviewed under caution by the Police, on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, following a serious road traffic collision in Shropshire.