Lisa Henderson has over 25 years of experience handling insurance coverage disputes, including the defense of bad faith lawsuits. While in law school, Lisa worked as a property adjuster, handling claims under both personal and commercial property policies, and she continues to represent and advise carriers on property insurance disputes. She also represents and advises insurance carriers with regard to all manner of liability policies, including commercial general liability, excess liability, D&O liability, employment practices liability, professional liability, and environmental liability.
In addition to Texas, where she has practiced since 1999, Lisa has been licensed in Oregon since 1995 and licensed in Washington since 1996.
- US District Courts of the Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Districts of Texas
- US District Court of the District of Oregon
- US District Court of the Western District of Washington
- J.D., Northwestern School of Law at Lewis & Clark College, 1995
- B.S., University of California, Berkeley, 1989
- Defense Research Institute
- Dallas Bar Association
- Defense verdict on behalf of a client in an insurance coverage case under a D&O policy in which the insured sought reformation of the policy as well as damages and punitive damages for alleged misrepresentations and fraud in the underwriting of the policy.
- Defense verdict on behalf of an insurance carrier client in an arson case.
- Summary judgment on behalf of a carrier in a bad faith lawsuit seeking coverage for hail damage under a commercial property policy.
- Summary judgment on behalf of a carrier in a declaratory judgment action regarding coverage for an underlying lawsuit alleging defamation.
- Summary judgment on behalf of a carrier in a bad faith lawsuit seeking coverage under a commercial general liability policy for an underlying lawsuit alleging defective construction of a condominium.
- Summary judgment on behalf of a carrier in a declaratory judgment action seeking coverage as an additional insured under a commercial general liability policy.
- Summary judgment on behalf of a reinsurer of a captive insurance company on a hospital professional liability policy.
- Presenter, “Intellectual Property – Coverage Basics,” September 2022
- Presenter, “Policy Limit Demands,” April 2022
- Presenter, “What is a Claim Under an EPLI Policy,” May 2021
- Presenter, “Texas Litigation: An Overview and Recent Developments,” October 2019
- Co-presenter, “Appraisal Strategies for Property Claims,” PLRB Regional Adjusters Conferences, 2015
- Co-presenter, “Duties After Loss: Enforcing Policy Provisions,” PLRB/LIRB Central Regional Adjusters Conference, September 2013
- Co-presenter, “Cookies, Clouds, and Apps: Cyber Threats to Privacy and the Insurance Industry,” FDCC Insurance Industry Institute, November 2011
- Co-authored, “Emerging Issues Not Yet At The Supreme Court”, Advanced Insurance Law Course presentation, sponsored by Texas Bar CLE and the Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, April 2009
- Co-author, “Evolution of the Appraisal Process,” FDCC Property Insurance Section, March 2016
- Co-author, "Emerging Issues Not Yet At The Supreme Court," Advanced Insurance Law Course presentation, sponsored by Texas Bar CLE and the Insurance Law Section of the State Bar of Texas, April 2009