Catherine is a Legal Director in our projects and construction group and has a wide range of experience advising on energy and infrastructure projects.
In particular, Catherine has considerable experience advising on international construction and PPP projects, acting for parties including SPVs, government entities, contractors and funders across a wide range of sectors.
- Advising the funders in relation to the Civils Contract (based on NEC3) and the Plant Suppy Contract (based on IchemE Red Book) for the construciton of an anerobic digestion facility in the UK.
- Advising a tier one contractor on the engineering and construction contract (based on NEC3) for the marine works package of the Hinkley Point C Nuclear Power Station project.
- Advising an international EPC contractor on their bid for the Shetland Repower Project. The EPC Contract was based on the NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract.
- Advising the EPC contractor in relation to the EPC contract (based on IChemE Red Book) for Speyside Biomass Project, a biomass combined heat and power facility in Scotland.
- Advising an international contractor on its bid to be appointed as EPC contractor for the Kinneil Combined Heat & Power project in Grangemouth, Scotland.
- Advising the technology sub-contractor on a waste to energy facility at Deeside, Flintshire as part of the North Wales Residual Waste Treatment Project. The technology provider will be responsible for the supply, installation, commissioning and testing of the plant.
- Advising an international contractor in relation to its bid to be technology supplier for the 3rd line extension of an energy from waste facility at Eastcroft, Nottingham.
- Advising the lenders in relation to the project financing of a 40MW solar power plant PPP project in Kenya, in particular advising on the EPC Contract.
- Advising a major international EPC contractor on their bid for the EPC Contract (based on FIDIC Silver) for a combined cycle gas fired power station in Ghana.