Marie-Anne acts for owners, operators and stakeholders on marine projects, floating energy and transactional matters within the shipping industry. Her practice is international, covering matters such as LNG projects, floating oil and gas projects, shipbuilding contracts, charter parties (including long term LNG project time charters) and other service contracts, ship finance, ship sale and purchase, management agreements, vessel registrations and flagging, joint ventures and wider related corporate matters..
Marie-Anne has written the module on "Selling the Ship" for Lloyd's Maritime Academy Diploma in Shipping Commercial Management.
In 2022 was awarded the Marine Assets Lawyer of the Year from The Lawyer Monthly Women in Law Awards.
They have in-depth knowledge of financial and commercial transactions involving the shipping industry and can offer creative solutions. Their huge cross-border experience allows them to quickly grasp and adapt to the challenges presented by different jurisdictions.
Legal 500 UK, Transport Finance and Leasing
The ‘diligent and helpful’ Marie-Anne Moussalli is one of the main contacts for marine project work and transactional shipping matters, including high value sale and purchase transactions, and sale and leaseback mandates.
Legal 500 UK, Transport Finance and Leasing
- Acting for the floating storage and regasification vessel (FSRU) provider in relation to the project agreements for the construction and operation of a new build FSRU with a storage capacity of 263,000 cubic meters of LNG, making it the world’s largest FSRU, to provide storage and regasification services over a 20-year contract period at the new import terminal to be located at Punta Sayago, Montevideo, Uruguay, with an overall project value in the region of USD 1.1 billion; and providing storage and regasification services over a two year contract period at a new import terminal located in Turkey.
- Acting for the FSRU provider in connection with the project agreements for the construction and operation of a new build FSRU in relation to providing storage and regasification services over a long-term charter period at a new import terminal to be located in Chile, including the preparation and negotiation of the bareboat charter and the operation and maintenance agreement.
- Acting for an LNG carrier owner and operator in relation to the construction, acquisition of and charter arrangements for five Arc7 ice-class ships. Work included negotiating, reviewing and advising on the shipbuilding contracts, time charter parties and general structure of the project, together with advising on the financing structure and being involved in the joint venture corporate structure.
- Acting for various operators and owners in connection with bid submissions in response to tenders for LNG projects, including reviewing and amending charterparties for LNG carriers and FSRUs. Marie-Anne has also advised on the preparation of the tender documents.
- Advising Total on all aspects of the long-term sale of marine LNG to CMA CGM, including reviewing Heads of Agreement and advising on the long term contract for the supply of marine LNG incorporating the Heads of Agreements and advising on marine and pollution liability.
- Advising an international oil company in relation to the acquisition of two second-hand tanker vessels to be converted to FPSOs for deployment offshore Angola.
- Negotiating for and advising a ship owner in connection with providing upstream storage solutions and transportation for a listed oil & gas development and exploration company, including drafting and negotiating a bespoke barging contract, in connection with the provision of a shuttle tanker service for upstream services.
- Advising an international group of offshore service and support companies in relation to a USD 575 million bond re-financing, fleet re-organisation and bareboat charter structure.
- Acting for a UK based shipowner in connection with the construction and pre and post-delivery financing of a fleet of four newbuild product/chemical tankers, including negotiating and advising on the joint venture structure, Chinese leasing pre and post-delivery financing arrangements and the bareboat and time charter structures.
- Acting and advising the ship owning parties in connection with joint ventures with private equity funds.
- Advising private equity funds on their investment into ship owning structures and/or asset acquisitions.
- Acting for the seller for the sale of a fleet of twelve vessels. Marie-Anne acted for the same client in connection with the purchase of all twelve vessels.
- Acting for shipowners in connection with deferred payment structures for the acquisition of vessels through bareboat charters.
- Acting for the shipbuilder in relation to the construction of mega-yachts.