Tenda has advised various local and international companies on local laws and regulatory issues relating to a wide range of sectors including Banking and Debt finance, Mining, and Oil & Gas.
Tenda is currently a Partner with Clyde & Co Tanzania leading the Banking and Debt Finance practice. In addition to Banking and Debt Finance, Tenda leads the Regulatory and IP departments and also works closely with the Mining team.
Tenda is a member of the Tanganyika Law Society and the East African Law Society.
- Advising an engineering company and an asset manager on the development, construction, financing and operation of a 40MW solar power generation plant in Kenya.
- Advising Mobisol GmbH (a company that provides high-quality large solar systems for private households and businesses ranging from 40Wp to 200Wp) on various debt financing transactions in Tanzania involving various international lenders.
- Advising iGravity on two transactions: one loan in Kenya under the HEKS / EPER Investment Window to Venture South Kenya (also known as Biashara na Fedha); and two loans in Tanzania under the Impact-Linked Finance Fund Investment Window to Kilimo Fresh and EFTA (also known as Equity for Africa, which is owned by EFAG, the Equity for Africa Group).
- Acting as English law and Tanzanian law counsel to Dough Works Limited (Borrower) in relation to a USD 4 million secured mezzanine loan from AfricInvest Private Credit (Lender).
- Advising Commerzbank on three export finance loans to a Tanzanian manufacturing company.
- Advising a Swiss stock corporation that manages multiple impact investment windows in Eastern and Southern Africa, especially in rural areas on two USD denominated loans to a microfinance and an agricultural company in Tanzania.
- Advising one of the biggest cement companies in Tanzania on a loan from AfriSam (Mauritius) Investment Holdings.
- Advising Absa Bank and Standard Bank of South Africa on a USD 140 million and TZS 94 billion loan to a telecoms company.
- Advising Helios Towers Plc/HTT Infraco Limited in relation to the issuance of convertible bonds and issuing capacity and enforceability legal opinions on the same.
- Advising the African Development Bank Group (AfDB) on a USD 120 million loan to CRDB Bank Plc to finance infrastructure and SME projects in Tanzania.
- Advising a group of creditors (and in particular Root Capital Inc.) on debt restructuring of several loans that the Tanzanian entity in the coffee production industry defaulted on.
- Advising on the limited recourse secured financing of a teak plantation and saw mill in Tanzania.
- Advising one of the world's largest manufacturers of bearings on various trademark mergers, renewals and assignments in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.
- Advising various national and international entities including Etihad Airways and Philips Electronics N.V on trademark registrations in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar.