Angela advises on complex energy and marine insurance matters globally across construction and operational phases. She has a broad knowledge and understanding of the oil & gas, petrochemical and renewables sectors.
Angela assists insurers across the full spectrum of their requirements including drafting policy wordings, advising on coverage, defending claims (liability claims and coverage) and pursuing subrogated recoveries.
Angela has significant experience of representing insurers in litigation and arbitration, including jurisdictional disputes, but she has also frequently helped insurers to conclude claims more amicably through settlement negotiations and mediation.
- Advising insurers on coverage for corrosion losses on WELCAR Section I terms offshore in Kazakhstan.
- Representing insurers in the defence in Omani litigation of a claim for coverage of a reformer failure at a methanol plant in Oman.
- Advising insurers on coverage for significant business interruption losses sustained by the operator of an FPSO offshore in Ghana.
- Representing insurers in a subrogated recovery action arising out of a fire to a naphtha plant in France.
- Representing hull & machinery insurers (at First Instance, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court) in England in relation to a jurisdictional dispute with Greece arising out of the loss of the vessel the ALEXANDROS T.
- Advising insurers on the effect of LEG2/96 wording in relation to an offshore windfarm export cable failure.
- Representing Zurich in Commercial Court case of Dana Petroleum v Zurich - defence of offshore construction insurance claim under WELCAR Section II.
- Advising insurers on coverage for a ports and terminals business interruption claim at a port in India resulting from heavy weather.
- Representing insurers in Commercial Court case regarding coverage for the YME Platform North Sea loss being defended on various coverage grounds.
- Advising insurers on coverage under the WELCAR Defective Part clause for defective paint applied to an LNG vessel under construction.