Laura works on a wide range of complex cross-border and domestic commercial disputes, and has extensive experience in the UK Courts, international arbitrations (including LCIA, ICC, DIAC and LMAA) and ADR.
Laura has worked on a number of matters involving offshore and onshore contracts in relation to the operation and construction of energy facilities in the UK, the Mediterranean, the Middle East, North Africa and Asia.
Laura has experience in advising clients, including state owned entities, in relation to high value, multi-jurisdictional international contracts, and disputes arising out of those contracts. During the course of a secondment with a leading international oilfield services provider, Laura gained significant experience providing advice on a range of contractual issues, from the point of tender submission onwards. Laura has continued to advise clients in relation to their commercial contracts, and in particular the digitalisation of those contracts.
Since 2019, Laura has been advising a client in relation to a complex debt recovery portfolio including over 60 claims, which has involved working closely with our offices around the world to enforce judgements and recover sums owed.
- Acting for a major international oilfield services provider in a USD 100 million LCIA arbitration concerning variation orders in relation to a contract for the construction of an oil and gas project in Iraq
- Acting for a major international oilfield services provider in a USD 600 million LCIA arbitration in relation to a contract for the construction of an oil and gas facility in Iraq
- Advising a leading international EPCI provider in relation to a Subcontract for the provision of onshore construction works in Saudi Arabia and possible claims thereunder
- Advising a state owned entity in the Middle East in relation to an ICC arbitration concerning oil and gas production sharing agreements
- Acting for an international rig owner and drilling contractor in a USD 80 million LCIA arbitration in relation to the early termination of a fixed term contract for the hire of a drilling unit and the provision of services offshore Libya
- Acting for a leading international oilfield services provider in an LCIA Arbitration concerning the sharing of revenues under a worldwide collaboration agreement, and the supply of equipment and technology for use in in the removal of radioactive materials in scale dissolution projects
- Advising an international rig owner and leading services provider in a USD 500 million LMAA arbitration relating to the construction of four semi-submersible rigs
- Acting for a leading power plant owner in the Middle East in relation to a US$70m arbitration concerning the construction of an energy facility in Iraq
- Acting for a client in relation to a portfolio of claims arising in relation to contracts for the hire of private aircraft and associated services
- Advising a leading global oilfield services provider in relation the terms of its supply-side contracts, including Master Services Agreements and Terms & Conditions for Purchase Orders.
- Advising a UK oil refining company on a challenge to the allocation of allowances under the UK emissions trading scheme.
- Acting for a UK-based renewable power supply company in a dispute with a European energy trading company regarding the mechanism for determining the price for power supplied under a long-term Power Purchase Agreement for onshore wind.