Victor practises principally in the areas of insurance and reinsurance, and dispute resolution, including commercial litigation and international arbitration.
Victor has significant expertise in the insurance and reinsurance sector, particularly well placed in handling contentious insurance-related work, including but not limited to professional indemnity, directors and officers, financial lines, product liability, personal injury and property claims. He also handles claims for a number of international airlines and acts for many of the world's leading trade credit and political risk insurers in Europe, North America and Asia on commercial matters.
In addition, Victor also advises on a broad range of matters including regulatory, employment, incident/accident responses and multi-jurisdictional catastrophes.
Victor is ranked in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2021 - 2023 as a Next Generation Partner. His team is ranked as tier 1 insurance lawyers by various legal directories.
Victor via Westlink Partnership, is qualified to practise in China. Victor is fluent in Mandarin, English and German.
- D&O claim - Advising a leading foreign insurer on policy coverage under D&O liability insurance, non-disclosure of the insured and potentially upcoming security litigation arising out of misstatements in financial reports (total exposure in excess of CNY 100 million).
- PI claim - Advising a leading foreign insurer on PI policy coverage in relation to security claims arising out of misstatement committed by the insured (total claim amount is around CNY 22 million) and handling recovery against other jointly and severally liable parties.
- PI claim - Advising a leading foreign insurer on policy coverage under PI liability insurance in relation to claims arising out of alleged design errors.
- Air crash-related compensation - Acting for one of the largest European airline companies in relation to a high-profile and tragic air crash and coordinating efforts for compensation of Chinese passengers.
- Disputes and cargo claims - Acting for an airline company and its insurers on various disputes and cargo claims arising from damage sustained by an airplane during take-off.
- Personal injury claims - Advising international airlines in respect of various high profile personal injury claims brought by Chinese passengers injured on board international flights to China.
- China investments and construction project - Involved in advising clients on its investment in China including land acquisition and all relevant legal, contractual and procedural issues in relation to the construction of a substantial manufacturing facility.
- Joint venture - Due diligence, formulating and advising clients on negotiation and dispute resolution strategy vis-à-vis joint venture partners, advising on China compliance issues and drafting of and negotiating contracts.
- Establishment of a wholly foreign-owned enterprise in China - Ongoing advice and drafting of documents in relation to corporate governance, employment, business and operational matters.
- Employment issues - Advising a major international airline on ground staff and air crew employment contracts in China.
- Compliance - Advising an international insurance company on various restrictive covenants including a non-compete agreement relating to hiring staff from competitors.
- Labour disputes - Advising/assisting a client in handling various labour dispute arbitrations in China.
Please click on the link below for further details of my practices.